SA Classic Mini Forum
Clubman reincarnated - Printable Version

+- SA Classic Mini Forum (https://samini.co.za)
+-- Forum: You and Your Mini (https://samini.co.za/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Your Classic Minis Story (https://samini.co.za/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Clubman reincarnated (/showthread.php?tid=293)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Clubman reincarnated - GTSPhil - 04-01-2016

Thanks Sean and Boyscout

Yes I will be keeping the stripes, because I need another car that goes against everything that the purists stand for and then some....

No just joking as I am also a purist, when it suits me naturally. Plus do not forget GT stripes = instant more HP!!!!

At this stage I just wanted to improve the car's engine bay area and not do a complete respray, which would have removed the stripes, although the amount of work this took, if I put in a week or two more effort I could have resprayed the whole car. Provided I fixed the floor and driver door needs some urgent attention.

The plan is to have the car back together for Sunday as I have already converted to Cooper S brakes, rebuilding the hubs and fitting new disc brake CV Joints.

RE: Clubman reincarnated - GTSPhil - 04-03-2016

Replacing the timing cover back plate, while I was at it the cover was resprayed black.

I then refitted the sub-frame and sprayed the top engine steady plate and the two top mount plates for the sub-frame.

Clearly fitting the calipers turned into a nightmare as the two mounting ears for the calipers in the hub was stripped????????????
So after looking at all options, I have decided to have helicoils fitted.

RE: Clubman reincarnated - Sean1380 - 04-04-2016

Bones that you have NEW 8.4" disks with NEW drive flanges and fully reconditioned Rover Cooper Calipers (your swap for the GTS ) LOL.

But like you said at Angela's picnic, now you need 12" wheels .............. its never easy with a Mini.

RE: Clubman reincarnated - Sean1380 - 04-04-2016

Bones = Bonus :-)

RE: Clubman reincarnated - GTSPhil - 04-04-2016

Yes Sean

The plan always is not to spend more, but that almost never goes according to plan.

I fitted the engine back tonight.
Just have some bits and bobs to fit back.

From the front.

What do you guys think so far?

RE: Clubman reincarnated - minitim - 04-04-2016

looks neat, now you have to keep it

RE: Clubman reincarnated - Jared Mk3 - 04-04-2016

Looks so much better now!

RE: Clubman reincarnated - JAYO - 04-05-2016

Something that I am dying to do is to neaten up my engine bay. 

Lovely work Phil! Got a feeling that it's going to get better.

RE: Clubman reincarnated - GTSPhil - 04-05-2016

Thanks Guys

Currently the alternator is the Bosch one, which is not a problem, but I will be fitting a refurbished Lucas ASAP.

Now the next thing is to replace all the worn out old grommets with nice new ones.

Further the top mounting plate for the radiator is looking sorry so that needs some attention.

The wheels is still a mission as I borrowed my GTS's mags to move the car around, but will need some wheels soon.

RE: Clubman reincarnated - Sean1380 - 04-05-2016

What about a set of 12" slot mags ?