The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/printthread.php 16 require_once

SA Classic Mini Forum
Engine Transplant Question - Printable Version

+- SA Classic Mini Forum (https://samini.co.za)
+-- Forum: Technical Stuff (https://samini.co.za/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technical Queries / Questions - Classic Mini (https://samini.co.za/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Engine Transplant Question (/showthread.php?tid=406)

Engine Transplant Question - sashafelix - 04-22-2016

Hey All

would it be possible to fit a Micra 1.5 diesel engine in a Bullnose?

i would like to do a turbo diesel mini, think it would be super nippy as well as extremely economical?

any thought?

was thinking either the 1.5 L K9K diesel I4 or the 1.5 L TUD5 diesel I4

RE: Engine Transplant Question - Enzio - 04-22-2016

K9K is a brilliant little motor. Making it fit might be a challenge, though

RE: Engine Transplant Question - sashafelix - 04-22-2016

How much is it bigger than the standard micra motor normally used in mini transplants?

RE: Engine Transplant Question - Sean1380 - 04-22-2016

Check out the 16v Mini forum, im sure there was a guy from Trinidad that did this transplant already

RE: Engine Transplant Question - sashafelix - 04-22-2016

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_init() in /home/miniclub/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1128

their forum seems broken at the moment. Sad

RE: Engine Transplant Question - Jared Mk3 - 04-22-2016

The 16V Forum is down and has been for a little while now. Much like what happened to us last year . . .

RE: Engine Transplant Question - DomMINIque - 04-23-2016

The micras they used are the early gen micras. Basically one shape before we started getting micras here.

What do you consider economical?

RE: Engine Transplant Question - sashafelix - 04-24-2016

Well i know the whole convertion is not going to be cheap. But i am planning on keeping it as long as humanly possible. I currently drive roughly 40km to work and in traffic. I figured a turbo diesel mini should easily get me 20+km per liter. And it would be a very fun drive.

RE: Engine Transplant Question - Boyscout - 04-25-2016

IMHO you would be better of with a good 998. If you up the CR to as high ad you can get it on the small bore head. All the economy mods as per David Vizard, you will get close to your targer consumption. Performance will be better than the diesel as well. The cost of the conversion will probably be more than petrol costs over the lifetime of the vehicle.

Modern common rail diesels have complicated control systems and is beyond the scope of most. Earlier diesels are heavy and have relatively low power output for displacement.

Possible candidates are Opel Corsa diesel. Imported Toyota 2C which will have to be mated to Mini gearbox or other suitable box.

RE: Engine Transplant Question - sashafelix - 04-25-2016

i was thinking of a opel diesel then getting a flip front as that would obviously open up a lot of space.

i get that the 998 with the proper setup would be economical, but it wont be and fast as a tdi nor will it have 5 gears or fir the biggest part be unique.

isnt the main reason people modify mini's to make it their own and stand out and be unique?