Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Love of Cars - Mk1 Austin Cooper
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Lovely looking Cooper. Wish we could find "barn finds" as good as that.
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
Thanks Jared. I have just done no work for 47min due to this video.

This was the first I've heard of Downton. I have always considered David Vizard and Janspeed the authority on everything Mini, but I guess there were Gurus before them.
(09-10-2015, 09:55 AM)Boyscout Wrote: Thanks Jared. I have just done no work for 47min due to this video.

This was the first I've heard of Downton. I have always considered David Vizard and Janspeed the authority on everything Mini, but I guess there were Gurus before them.

I'm glad I kept you busy Wink

Downton were major players back in the day. A lot of the celebrity cars were sent to W&P or Radford for body and interior and then to Downton for the performance.

Oh, in case anyone wanted to know, this car sold for GBP 21 000.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
Another big name back in the day was Oselli who also did some decent engine work as well as a range of bolt on bits back in the 60s,70s and early 80s
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
A very nice restoration show. Especially since they don't spare any expense on the build.
I think what I liked most was some of the background info on the cars and also no added drama.They simply did the resto and got on with it.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
(09-13-2015, 11:14 AM)Jared Mk3 Wrote: I think what I liked most was some of the background info on the cars and also no added drama.They simply did the resto and got on with it.

Yeah and it's proof that there is no need for drama when making a car show. Petrolheads will watch a good car show simply because they do right by the car. I love the car history as well.