Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toyota 20V powered Panel Van
Wink 
I have not been updating my build on the Vandenplas, but I'm hoping to get around to it over the weekend...... Big Grin

Here is my second project that has been on the go, side by side with the Vandenplas ....

1968 Panel van that will get and Toyota 1.6 20V lump fitted "for road use". I would have liked to have restored the Van but when I got it, it didn't have much of the original parts, no engine, the rear panels cut for windows and the It has also been scraped ....which means it will have to be registered as a rebuild.....

While the Vandenplas is taking up most of my time,  trying to finish it off for Cars In The Park on the 31 July.....the Panel Van is on hold.  Sad

Engine....Thus far the engine and box has been dry bolted and placed in the Van engine bay.....with a few pieces of steel welded together to hold it in place while the original frame was chopped. Sum was cut to accommodate the right control arm fitment.

Body wise.... I might had the remove the pressed grill in order to fit a proper exhaust manifold on and a sufficient size radiator. Going with a set of Sports pack arches and 13" racing Hart bobets with 175/50/13. I haven't decided on weather or not to change the colour of the Van.....but I can guarantee you it wont be a plain and simple looking paint work......considering I have done a Pearl paint job on the Vandenplas.....Id like to go with a Candy finish on the Van. 

Suspension and Brakes...I have a set of Metro 4 Port callipers, hubs and discs that will be used on the van, with GTS spacer drums at the back.....and unlike the Vandenplas I'm keeping the standard PCD on the drive flanges. Standard Mini Rear frame with Hilo kit, rear camber adjusters, standard shocks and anti roll bar. Front will be a modified metro or mini sub frame with geometry kit and stock shocks. But time will tell how it turns out.

Interior ...Full roll cage with 2 bucket seats and the Audi dash that I was going to use on the Vandenplas, rear floor will be laid with some good quality wood.

Attached Files Image(s)

That's going to be quite a beastly van! Keen to see how it all comes together.
The paint work on the orange mini is gorgeous!
Nice.

Did u get the rims from Philip ?
@ Vinay....hoping to finish by October next year...

@thumz....thanks for the comment....the orange mini has a build thread on the forum as well " Vandenplas "

@ Sean....Rims are from CT....guys name is Charlie.
Roll cage and wood floor....
That could look bloody brilliant, actually.
I'm only here to LOL and +1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Enzio's post:
  • Thumz
Unfortunately the Panel Van Shell is up for sale. but Ill be continuing the build in a clubman Shell.

So if anyone is interested in the Panelvan shell ...please PM me.

Comes with 12 inch wheels and disc brakes. Van is scraped and I have all the paper work and original tags.
There will also be some other spares included

Can be viewed in Centurion.

Asking price is R10K
[-] The following 1 user Likes Minimad's post:
  • Sean1380
bloody bargain of a price TBH