Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suspension advise
So my plan is to build a fast road mini for the occasional track day. 

A friend has kindly offered to bring some things back from the UK for me and I'm looking at suspension bits and pieces.

The obvious first step seems to be hi-los front and back now I'm wondering if its worth going the whole hog and also fitting Minispares suspension geometry kit (part number MSSK3014) which includes:

-Rear camber brackets
-Adjustable lower arms
-Adjustable tie bar rods
-The necessary bushes to go with it

Or would this be overkill for a car that will mainly be used on the road?
I'd suggest doing it. It means you can get things setup properly and exactly how you want it, even if you're just going to be using it on the road.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Do it. One of THE BEST upgrades for any mini.

I had started a whole suspension alignment thread on the old forum to discuss this, perhaps I will start one again....
I'm only here to LOL and +1
I'd highly suggest going for the entire geometry kit especially if it's the MiniSpares setup with the adjustable lower control arms. That'll be the route that I'm going to be taking when the time comes for me to redo the suspension on my Fast Road GTS.

Definitely redo that thread Leon, it was an excellent starting point for many mini that were new to the world of Mini ownership
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
Do it Smile you will regret not having done it...
100% agreement there.

Fully adjustable for camber, caster and toe makes a huge difference.
It is a resounding yes then.

Thanks everyone.

Now I just hope my friend can fit it all in her suitcase.
It aint to big - bit heavy though, hope she has big strong arms :-)
I bought a set of those in my carry-on laptop bag.....by the time the security guys had emptied my bag with all the other wheels bearings etc....the poor X-Ray dude asks..."where the F is the rest of the car"....."in my checked in bag", I replied.....

They were so gob smacked they just waived me on before the boss arrived....heck, I've had nail clippers confiscated....

I would not ask her to try that....a crew card does wonders when stuck in a pinch...
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall that day Greg
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS