Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jared's GTS
A cracking car, he will love it and having worked on it is likely to be a better driver on the road. Well done. After some use if it remains in the family it will be interesting to see how it evolves, or reverts back to factory.

I quite like the appearance of the white roof, but monotone seems to suit the GTS stripe package well. I was of the impression that the earlier GT was available with a white roof, perhaps the dealers did the same to a few GTS cars on customer's request.

Keep up with the good work.

Andy
(06-22-2016, 07:06 AM)askalbert Wrote: A cracking car, he will love it and having worked on it is likely to be a better driver on the road. Well done. After some use if it remains in the family it will be interesting to see how it evolves, or reverts back to factory.

I quite like the appearance of the white roof, but monotone seems to suit the GTS stripe package well. I was of the impression that the earlier GT was available with a white roof, perhaps the dealers did the same to a few GTS cars on customer's request.

Keep up with the good work.

Andy

Thanks Andy,

I'm sure that because of his own involvement he will take more car of it. I'm far more a mk1 enthusiast but I must admit that putting the GTS together is quite enjoyable. Especially since it is a early GTS there seems to be quite fundamental differences between it and the later GTS models. In fact it is far more a GT than a later GTS.

Chances are that I will keep it and do n full body restoration somewhere in the future.

Francois

(06-21-2016, 09:12 AM)Sean1380 Wrote: Nice man, out of curiosity , what make of pistons are those you used ?

The side skirts look very 1275E (the GTS had shorter skirt) but the dish is def not 1275E and not shallow enough to be high compression GTS ones....

Hi Sean,

Honestly no idea. I've come across them a couple of times before and if memory serves me well there has been an extensive discussion around these pistons on the Cape Town Mini owners FB page.

Francois
Nice work! A follow up question  on Sean's...what compression ratio will those pistons give?