The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini vs. Supercharged '86 on skidpan
Thumbs Up 
Firstly - maybe Admin wants to add a 'Spirited Driving' section under 'general stuff'?

So my mate who's into rotaries convinces me to come out to Red Star raceway for the Rotorfest & I decide to give the Mini a highway run and go. Beautiful cars from real enthusiasts!

The skidpan is open to all and everyone is having fun and I'm feeling left out - so I decide to join. This is my first time ever on a skidpan and don't know what to expect. It turns out to be a major  jol! I get some sideways looks to start but the Mini holds its head high. It is still a crowd favorite with cheers everytime it hammers a fancy drift car! If only I can remember to close the windows before starting Tongue , when I did remember I left the back ones open...

Unfortunately I only have one video of a pretty crappy run against a supercharged Toyota 86. I didn't edit it 'cos I like the sound of the 649 cam at the start and the smile at the end. This driver had piles of experience and is the closest anyone got, despite me taking the long road in the start. Usually I'd be done by the time they got to the last 360...

Best 50 bucks I've spent on the Mini so far Big Grin

https://youtu.be/0HA_G74ZdhE
Looks like great fun :-)
Must agree..would love to do that as well
That looks fantastic Cool

Hands up who would want to do something similar as a forum mini owners event in the new year?

Every time Zwartkops has a track day they have the skid pan running at the same time. R180 per driver and R30 per passenger for full day access (although there might be a small increase in 2016) as many runs as you can fit in against whoever you want in the lane next to you.

There is even one last opportunity this year on the 6th of December Wink
count me in if its an event at Zwartskops