Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark 1 BOOT LID
My Mini project came with a Mk2 boot lid which just does not look right on a 1965 model Mk1. I have refurbished the Mk2 boot lid which is now pristine. So I am open to a swap or purchase deal to get the correct boot lid for my car.

Not interested in a badly damaged/rusted boot lid that will take a hundred hours to fix.

Any ideas ?

Rgds,

Barry B.
Andrew Shadwell in Cape Town makes fibreglass mk1 bootlids.
Vinay, Andrew makes the double skin boot lids which are actually Mk2 (unless he's since started making Mk1 boot lids as well).
Is this a good place to ask what the difference between a Mk1 and a Mk2 boot lid is?
Mk1 has swiveling number plate holder with light at the bottom. The inside skin is a solid piece with a ribbed shape.

Mk2/3 does not have swiveling holder and the light is above the number plate. The inside skin is only a brace frame and not a solid panel.
I'm only here to LOL and +1
Thanks for the interest in my quest for a Mk1 boot lid. Does anybody have contact details for Andrew Shadwell ? Would like to know what he has available.

Rgds, Barry B.
Thanks
Andrew made me a boot with a Mk1 inner skin and a Mk3 outer skin - it is absolute magic, looks great and very well made!

I still need to get a chance to fit it, though

Andrew is very active on the Facebook group.
I'm only here to LOL and +1
0825533353 - Andrew Shadwell
Sorry Colin, there is some faulty information above.

Mk1 and Mk2 bootlids both have the swiveling type numberplate hanger. The Mk1 lid has an "open" inner side where the Mk2 version has the double skin (ribbed) inner side. The Mk3 version onwards has the same open inner side as the Mk1 but with the large flat area for the number plate (different from both the Mk1 and Mk2) because it didn't have the swiveling number plate hanger.

The lid that Andrew makes out of fiberglass is the Mk2 version (double skinned).