The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander Forbes Advertising
Hi All,

This site was founded on our common passion for Classic Minis, Mechanics and Sharing (coupled to the demise of the old site). I was overwhelmed by the contributions received from members to get this site running and I thank each one of you again. In this regards I do not want the site to burden anyone and I have been exploring the possibility of allowing a small footer advertising banner. (For the astute it was the big black "X" box at the bottom of each page, over the past few weeks).

After contacting only a few institutions I am happy to say Alexander Forbes were very interested and agreed to sponsor roughly the running cost of our site for one year given that we show there banner for the year. (This contribution will be recorded as always in our operating section). The banner below links to a pdf brochure for their Classic Car Insurance offering which I encourage all to have a look at and possibly price it out.

Contact details for a AF representative:
Mehmood Sader
saderm@aforbes.co.za
+27 11 669 3186 

I hope that we keep the Mini community growing and continue to use of this platform to share ideas and collaborate. 

Thanks,
Umar
This looks to be an advantageous venture, but I'd like to ad here that one of their main requirements is that you belong to a recognised motor owners club such as those registered with the South African Motor Club Association (SAMCA), this is a prerequisite as is a valuation certificate, which are fairly easy to obtain if you belong to such a club as mentioned earlier.
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
Great idea. It's not in your face either while still being visible.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Agreed, and in all honesty, who can argue with a picture of an Austin Healey
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
Did not realize Alexander Forbes also did classic car insurance, I have my house and cars insured through Alexander Forbes got a great deal compared to my previous insurance.
sounds good to me, my cars and household are with AF