Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Seans 1978 1100DL
Nice, you should scan those pics and save them to preserve them for many more years to come.
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
So some of you on the whatsaap chat may know...........

I was at Doug's place (Mini Spares & Accessories) in Pinetown KZN when i was down in the 1st week of February.

Up on his shelf i couldn't believe my eyes, there was a set of seats that looked more than just familiar to me.

They were a set of seats i had commisioned over 16 years before, by the now defunct, Formula Design in Johannesbug.

They had been sold to Scott Hastie (he of the Sean/Dion/Wian MG Metro Turbo set up fame) just after i got divorced and had lost interest in the Mini.

Scott had never used them, he sold them onto someone, who also never used them, and in turn they ended up on the shelf at Doug's place.

Short story long, i sold them probably about 15 years ago for R1,400 and bought them back now for R1,600 !!!

Now its just about getting them to Johannesburg, and figuring out how i am going to make the blue highlights work on my green car LOL.

Will get some pics up.
Spencer is also looking VERY naked, as his arches have been sent of to the Fiberglass Guru to get molds made !!
The best product to change the bolster colours on your seats is Duplicolor fabric and Vinyl spray dye, works a treat and is extremely hard wearing
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
Yup I can attest to that, used it on my door panels and it hasn't shown any sign of wear
R1600?

That's too cheap, seriously
I'm only here to LOL and +1
heee heeee yeh !
[Image: DSC_0693_zpsti233pka.jpg]
Those look comfy!
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Time for an oil change tomorrow, gotta do it on the sly so that the body corporate in the complex we live in don't kick up a fuss.