Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caspers Journey
Actually figure I'll just modify the existing boot boards. I have a slight obsession with original parts, a certain Mr. Abri has been rubbing off on me Tongue
Where do get the rubber material and how do you attach it to the wood/perspex?
(02-22-2016, 07:59 PM)Vinay-RS Wrote: Actually figure I'll just modify the existing boot boards. I have a slight obsession with original parts, a certain Mr. Abri has been rubbing off on me Tongue  

Those rubber edging are easily available and at big hardware outlet , you get them in different lengths and sizes so it would be best to see it then choose

Genkem! works wonders
(02-22-2016, 11:44 PM)Ridhwaan1275E Wrote:
(02-22-2016, 07:59 PM)Vinay-RS Wrote: Actually figure I'll just modify the existing boot boards. I have a slight obsession with original parts, a certain Mr. Abri has been rubbing off on me Tongue  

Those rubber edging are easily available and at big hardware outlet , you get them in different lengths and sizes so it would be best to see it then choose

Genkem! works wonders

Thanks man, I'll pay one of them a visit and see what they have in stock.
Thanks for sharing the progress you've made. For some of us who have been into it for a few years it's great to see the enthusiasm of a new mini owner. Keep it up. Your car is looking great! And well done for swapping the steering wheel back to original Wink
(02-25-2016, 08:39 PM)abri Wrote: Thanks for sharing the progress you've made. For some of us who have been into it for a few years it's great to see the enthusiasm of a new mini owner. Keep it up. Your car is looking great! And well done for swapping the steering wheel back to original Wink

Ahh Thanks for the kind words Abri !

Yeah trust me it's been a rough road but a road i'm grateful for taking , as for the steering wheel , it had to happen!

going to try and get the interior as stock as possible
I've seen a few original interiors for sale recently Ridhwaan. I'll have a look for the links.
(02-26-2016, 09:25 AM)Vinay-RS Wrote: I've seen a few original interiors for sale recently Ridhwaan. I'll have a look for the links.

I've got most of the bits and pieces , just missing the door lock trimmings , and foot pedals which Sean will be making soon so Casper will be changing for the better soon!
The stock pedals have rubber covers on them whereas Sean is making some cast alloy ones, I'd be more tempted to say that you're after a more 70s retro interior or appearance over a stock one as you've made some nice period improvements rather than going all out on original items.
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
(02-27-2016, 10:20 AM)Miniac Wrote: The stock pedals have rubber covers on them whereas Sean is making some cast alloy ones, I'd be more tempted to say that you're after a more 70s retro interior or appearance over a stock one as you've made some nice period improvements rather than going all out on original items.

Yep that is probably more of what i'm after!

I am ordering a set of those pedals from Sean with Hopkirk accelerator pedal
Got some new bits and bobs going into Casper this week/weekend

Window washer bottle

Getting rid of the points system , going electric

New rear shocks

will be posting pics of how i tackle them as i go along
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ridhwaan1275E's post:
  • DomMINIque