Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheels
Hi All
Im looking for a set of wheels, anyome selling?
What size? 10", 12" or 13"?

Seen a few sets of 10s up for sale recently, including a set of D1s and Chromodoras.

If you are willing to wait, I believe Sean will be bringing in brand new 10s and 13s to South Africa.
10 or 13, im still open in idea on what i want to do with the car, only bought my Mini mk3 a week ago...
Oh cool. Post a picture on here and guys can advise you on what wheels would look cool and possibly they can photoshop some wheels for you too.
At the moment the car is dead standard, and need to be redone all together...

I managed to locate a set of 10" minstral mags, would actually prefer to keep the kar standard... just having an issue locating tyres...
For 10" wheels in SA you can get 145/80r10 tyres from a Dunlop fitment. They are usually around R500-600 per tyre and they are readily available as most trailers use the same tyres. You can also go with 165/70r10 tyres, although these tend to be more pricey. The cheapest ones I have seen were Dunlop R7s from ATS motorsport last year. They were R700 IIRC, although they are a softer compound and tend to wear at a faster rate. Yokohama A008s are also available for anywhere between R800 and R1300 a tyre, depending on where you get them from.

Mistral wheels were an option on the clubman, roundnose special and 1275 E, so are a period correct wheel for your car.

I really would advise you to start a build thread on here so that we can give you more suggestions on what wheels would look cool on your car.

A mini tends to ride better on 10" wheels from what I have been told, so I would recommend sticking with 10" wheels.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinay-RS's post:
  • _freak_
(03-09-2016, 12:55 PM)Vinay-RS Wrote: For 10" wheels in SA you can get 145/80r10 tyres from a Dunlop fitment. They are usually around R500-600 per tyre and they are readily available as most trailers use the same tyres. You can also go with 165/70r10 tyres, although these tend to be more pricey. The cheapest ones I have seen were Dunlop R7s from ATS motorsport last year. They were R700 IIRC, although they are a softer compound and tend to wear at a faster rate. Yokohama A008s are also available for anywhere between R800 and R1300 a tyre, depending on where you get them from.

Mistral wheels were an option on the clubman, roundnose special and 1275 E, so are a period correct wheel for your car.

I really would advise you to start a build thread on here so that we can give you more suggestions on what wheels would look cool on your car.

A mini tends to ride better on 10" wheels from what I have been told, so I would recommend sticking with 10" wheels.

Falken also makes a 165/70 10" too called the FK07E if I recall correctly, were around R770 each a year ago and had to specially order them from head office, running them on my car and have been very impressed so far. I could not find A008s ANYWHERE at that stage and R7s were out of stock at ATS.
(03-10-2016, 10:41 AM)Cooper1275 Wrote:
(03-09-2016, 12:55 PM)Vinay-RS Wrote: For 10" wheels in SA you can get 145/80r10 tyres from a Dunlop fitment. They are usually around R500-600 per tyre and they are readily available as most trailers use the same tyres. You can also go with 165/70r10 tyres, although these tend to be more pricey. The cheapest ones I have seen were Dunlop R7s from ATS motorsport last year. They were R700 IIRC, although they are a softer compound and tend to wear at a faster rate. Yokohama A008s are also available for anywhere between R800 and R1300 a tyre, depending on where you get them from.

Falken also makes a 165/70 10" too called the FK07E if I recall correctly, were around R770 each a year ago and had to specially order them from head office, running them on my car and have been very impressed so far. I could not find A008s ANYWHERE at that stage and R7s were out of stock at ATS.

Do you still have the contact info for Falken? It would be useful to have their info on file.
(03-10-2016, 10:45 AM)Vinay-RS Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 10:41 AM)Cooper1275 Wrote:

Do you still have the contact info for Falken? It would be useful to have their info on file.

There are Falken tyre dealers in most major centres, they would probably have to order the 10" FK07E from head office.

Website contact details: http://www.falken.co.za/contact
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cooper1275's post:
  • Vinay-RS
thanks all
i managed to get myseld a set of 10" Mistral rims

Tyres i got from Minties @ R520 per tyre, Dunlop SP11