The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minimad Vanden Plas
On the Mini front, you are, in my opinion, going to battle to bleed those rear calipers with them being at the bottom, the bleed nipple needs to be at the top most part of the caliper....
Condolences Krishan
Condolences man. Sad news indeed . . .
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
thanks guys.

@ Sean I reverse bled the rear calipers using a pump. Pumped fluid thought the bleeding nipple till the calipers overflowed. the put the pipes on and pumped fluid till it overflowed at the T joint at the front.

Pedal has pressure at the moment. If all fails then ill take the calipers off and place them in the right orientation and try bleeding them that way....with a piece of timber to act as the disc.
Im just speaking from personal experience, when MANY moons ago, i couldn't get brake pressure on my newly installed S caliper, only to realize, i had mounted them on the opposite axles, which meant the bleed nipples were at the bottom, and air floats to the top LOL.

Rookie mistake .

Oh and all the Golof calipers i saw on the conversions Ricky used to do, had the caliper mounted vertically.
thanks for the advise Sean. Will keep that in mind when I revisit the braking system next month....
HI Guys

I have resumed work on the mini after about a three week break due to the passing away of my dad. I am sure its what he would want me to do, So now I'm going to complete this build in my dad's memory. I have learnt all that I know about mechanical repairs from him which has enabled me to restore and rebuild my mini. I also viewed and bought my first mini with my dad and he showed me all the ins and outs of minis.

Continuing from where I left off with the build ....

Front subframe/Engine, Suspension and Front braking installation

Attached Files Image(s)

Then came the wheel alignment and Exhaust system which was the standard system for now, till I drop the 1330cc engine in

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking awesome Krishan. A little orange bullet Smile
What is going on with that cooling system piping?
I'm only here to LOL and +1