Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch and presure plate
Hi. Im in a struggel. I removed my pressure plate and flywheel to fit new clutch plate. Fitted everything back,still no clutch. As c my piston is pusing out from clutch cylinde. Ive removed bell housing agian and im afraid i fitted the presure plate wrong. Now i cant find anything to help me fit my presure plate correct. Is there any one who can maybe post me a pic of the presure plate correctly fitted. Its fastened with 3 bolts as the other 3 hold plate behind flywheel. 3 bolts are longer than other. So witch 3 is fasted where. Please im really struggeling with this. Huh

Im also not sure witch model it is. I think its 1965 hydro elastic suspension
Hi. The pressure plate is behind the flywheel and has three points that protrude through the flywheel. These three points mount to the flywheel via three tabs. Actually 6. Three doubles. The bolts with the stepped shoulder go through the diaphragm spring and bolts through the retaining plates to the pressure plate. The other ends of the retaining plates bolt to the flywheel. Hope this helps.

Try to download a copy of a workshop manual. There are some copies floating around on the webs.
Thanks. Ill check my bolts. And c if i can get it rite. 3 bolts is also longer then the other 3

Oh and i got a hayens manual but dont show what im looking for...

Ok i understand now. Looks like im taking of the flywheel agian. I did not bolt it onto the flywheel.

If you have pics to show me that wil be plus point
You don't need to take off the flywheel. The tabs bolt onto the flywheel from the front. The one end of the tabs bolt to the flywheel directly. the other end bolts through diaphragm spring, through the two tabs, to the pressure plate end that sticks through the flywheel. There are three bolts with a very pronounced smooth shoulder. Use these for bolting through the diaphragm. The standard bolts for bolting to the flywheel.
Thank you. Ill let you know if i come rite
So i removed the flywheel because crank seal leaking badly. Saw clutch plate can go in only one way. One side is flat,other side is long. Witch way should the long end of clutch plate face.
"long" end faces the engine, "flat" end faces the flywheel
Thanks. Another thing i saw today. I opened my tapped cover and there where rust particuls on the tapped bolts. But its not stuck,it just wipes of easy. Any idea what can cause that. Mini was standing for about 2 years before i bought it.?
Maybe it was standing with no oil filler cap?
Dont know but it dont look seriuos. This baby gonna ride in the next week. Then its of to spray painting. Cant wait to start on that