Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lil Red
Wink 
Since there is going to be an ongoing stream of questions from my side as i go along, i thought i'd start a new thread instead of different posts, especially before the Haynes Manual arrive...Hope you guys don't mind.

1st q: There is a hole is a hold in the Bell housing as can be seen in the shot below...what is missing¿...

2nd q: where else should i look on the body to find the chassis number¿

Something odd: I noticed the indicator had a jerky action...as in it did a double take to complete or do the indicating, took off the lenses to find that it had a LED bulb in there...

also noticed that it still uses the original flasher unit with a news flasher unit....is this normal practice¿

thank-you in advance!
Paul.
I tried LED bulbs, my old type flasher unit didnt like it, so i reverted back to normal globes
On the clutch cover there should be a metal plate as below:

[Image: Inspection%20Cover_zpsr6er2wyq.jpg]
(08-29-2016, 01:40 PM)Sean1380 Wrote: I tried LED bulbs, my old type flasher unit didnt like it, so i reverted back to normal globes

I tried orange LED unit that looks like yours, but brightness wasn't too my liking & also changed back. BTW might or might not be related, but the led's weren't in for long - I used Midas see through fong-kong R30 blister pack flasher units, but gave up after the 3rd one. They also keep a R100 version made in USA which has lasted so far.
(The hole is for seeing your flywheel timing marks & needs a cover)
Thank-you for the all replies and information, will get the blanking plate...and see how long those LED's last...and probably revert back to normal globes if required...

Sean, do you have the blanking plates¿
Ill check man, i had some laser cut in stainless steel for my own Minis years ago.