Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PanelVan
minivan 
Passed by a scrapyard just outside Cullinan on the weekend and saw the panelvan standing there. Stopped to see if its for sale and yes it is.
The shell is not too bad, except the footwells are, well, like they normally are. The 12HEH motor has the plugs and rocker cover removed, so I guess it wont be much use. Wooden 3 spoke steering wheel - cool. Sliding windows. Lots of missing bits in the engine bay eg. master cylinders, wiper motor, etc. No papers. Didn't get more pictures as started talking to the guy. Wants 10k incl. another motor without head. (I think the bits are  lying in the back) Made an offer which he didn't accept. Said he would rather put it in his yard and grow plants in it - twit.

Attached Files Image(s)

The lack of papers and a non original motor does affect the value quite a lot. I think 10k might be a bit on the high side given the rust and the lack of parts... maybe someone can convince him that he should let it go for a lower cost so that it can be restored.
any idea id he is will to sell spares ...and do you have is contact details ?
(10-03-2016, 10:12 AM)Minimad Wrote: any idea id he is will to sell spares ...and do you have is contact details ?

Didn't want to negotiate at all  (I offered 7k)
I didn't ask about spares, but I think it would be a shame to pull it apart. (but better than planting flowers in it)
Maybe if he got other lower offers he'll realize it's not worth what he thinks it is
I think the number is 073 158 5820, Ricky - but he didn't answer, just appeared