Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Mini made new
(08-20-2016, 04:46 PM)DomMINIque Wrote: Roll up windows came from later cars.
And the value with these lies in originality considering they aren't as popular as the other types.
But it's your car and I'm glad to just see it getting some love.

I understand the originality completely, but we have received it somewhat unoriginal.  It has a 1275GT motor and gearbox in it, and at this stage we are planning to keep that configuration.  In regards to the windows, I think that the roll up windows will just be better in the long run as it might seal up better.  This awesome little car will be used as my business's biggest advertisement when its done.
Cooper S spec estate sounds so cool - GT motor, S disc brakes, booster, twin carbs all tucked away inside a beautiful mini estate
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinay-RS's post:
  • henkjooste
(08-21-2016, 01:29 PM)Vinay-RS Wrote: Cooper S spec estate sounds so cool - GT motor, S disc brakes, booster, twin carbs all tucked away inside a beautiful mini estate

I think so too.
Nice find Henkjooste.

The Estate/ countryman actually looks really good from the pictures.
The Mk 2 Aussie Doors will work which has a quarter glass and a smaller roll up window....
I am also in the process of rebuilding a 1968 Panel Van with a Toyota 20V.

Good luck with your build restoration.
just remember if you 8.4 discs, that you cant fit 10 inch wheels over them
(08-23-2016, 09:42 AM)Minimad Wrote: Nice find Henkjooste.

The Estate/ countryman actually looks really good from the pictures.
The Mk 2 Aussie Doors will work which has a quarter glass and a smaller roll up window....
I am also in the process of rebuilding a 1968 Panel Van with a Toyota 20V.

Good luck with your build restoration.

Thanks!

(08-24-2016, 08:22 AM)Sooper Wrote: just remember if you 8.4 discs, that you cant fit 10 inch wheels over them

I have realized that after reading some UK forums.  We are planning to fit 13 inch wheels with just a lower profile Tyre.
Big Grin 
Ok so I have been busy trying to raise cash to do the project right, and now it is time to go full swing into this!  One thing I have noticed, is that parts are not that easy to come by, or I am just looking in the wring places  Big Grin

Currently I am busy populating a list of parts needed, and getting prices on items.
What the plan is so far:
install 8.4" disk conversion
fit dual circuit brake system with booster
upgrade rear drums
new windows and rubbers all round
rebuild engine and gearbox

please shoot if you have any suggestions where I can find parts!
Stick with the simple single line braking system, works great.
(10-04-2016, 09:48 AM)Sean1380 Wrote: Stick with the simple single line braking system, works great.

I was under the impression that with a booster you need to go dual line.  Well we need to completely redo the brake system from scratch, new lines an everything as there is nothing on the car at the moment.
Nope, original Mk1,2&3 Cooper S as well as the 10" wheel GT and GTS had boosters and ran a single line system.