Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini with 15 inch wheels for sale
https://www.olx.co.za/ad/1971-mini-clubm...1d78e29307

Attached Files Image(s)

The owner of this car joined the whatsapp group not too long ago.
Not sure why he's selling up now.
its actually well priced, just curious to know the strain 15 inch wheels will be putting on the car
A lot of strain would be put on the rack and diff, I know that Jasons gearbox committed suicide from running the 2.76 diff ratio and 13" wheels so I'd imagine that the same will happen to this one with the strain from the wheels although Trent did at one stage run both 14" and 15" on his old mini
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
(10-04-2016, 03:15 PM)Miniac Wrote: A lot of strain would be put on the rack and diff, I know that Jasons gearbox committed suicide from running the 2.76 diff ratio and 13" wheels so I'd imagine that the same will happen to this one with the strain from the wheels although Trent did at one stage run both 14" and 15" on his old mini

Hi Miniac, Would it be the same situation with my 4AGE? Is there cutting involved?
As far as I understand, the stress would pass to the next weakest link. Bushes, maybe even wheel bearings since the conversion still utilizes the mini bearings etc, a greater mechanical mind might have more in sight.

I know there is a conversion kit in the UK, but how are the local guys clearing the rear swingarm?
Also the pcd isn't readily available in most sizes, so
unless the rims are redrilled , the use of adapter plates is required.

More hassle than what it's worth I reckon.
And probably handles like s=#t.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Richie Rich's post:
  • Thumz
(10-13-2016, 10:36 AM)Thumz Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 03:15 PM)Miniac Wrote: A lot of strain would be put on the rack and diff, I know that Jasons gearbox committed suicide from running the 2.76 diff ratio and 13" wheels so I'd imagine that the same will happen to this one with the strain from the wheels although Trent did at one stage run both 14" and 15" on his old mini

Hi Miniac, Would it be the same situation with my 4AGE? Is there cutting involved?

The Toyota gearbox will cope fine with the stress, however as Rich has pointed out the next weakest link will become the limiting factor, also, in order for the larger wheel setup to be used on the rear the rear swing arms need to be modified as well as the front arches trimmed for full lock clearance
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS