Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up grade mini brakes
Hi All,

i need some info on the up garde of mini brakes to use golf parts need the size of the new back plate to fit callipers on or is possible to buy it and new bake pipes with fitting to fit brake system.

all help will be appriciated car stand with now brakes this ideal to change to discs.

Rgds.
There's apparently a guy on Facebook that makes the plates up but unfortunately I'm not on Facebook so I don't have access to the link
I will also like to do such a change........
*Admin please move this to the correct forum.

His name is Ashley but I can't seem to fin his gumtree ad, his cell number or his facebook post.

However Dez (recommend suppliers list) also has the adaptor plates and can talk you through the whole process if you'd like.
Thread moved to Tech section
Just do yourself a favour and have the either VW or Toyota discs drilled according to the mini PCD and machine the inside to fit properly on the driving flange.

Next thing is have brake hoses made up with the connector for the sub-frame on one side and banjo type connector on the other, do not be tempted to use the old mini brake hoses as the angle can work, but is not recommended.
Own some minis, break them, fix them, improve them, test them to the limit....
(10-04-2016, 03:11 PM)Miniac Wrote: There's apparently a guy on Facebook that makes the plates up but unfortunately I'm not on Facebook so I don't have access to the link

So I got hold of this guy. He's no longer into minis.
He still had one set of plates left so which I collected from him.

Hopefully in the near future I can have some copies made then they'll be available once again.
We have a guy here in Durbs that's making them now as well
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS