Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Minis along the years
heres a few pics of the minis ive had a long the years, started in about 1997, wish i could of kept them all, my dream to own one of each variant one day which i could of probably achieved but due to financing of my wedding and a house, i unfortunately had to let them go. its been many years since i actually rebuilt a mini and hopefully as my life seems to be settling down i will be on it very soon (broken record i know) ive cut down my collection to just a few special ones to me , all in running order but still requiring a lot of work to get them to my desired state. ideally id like to have a daily driver, as well as one for my dad and mum to use as a daily as well as they both do very limited mileage now that they retired. my dads 1st car was also a mini, a 63 850 and thanks to Abri D, after some 45 years i managed to get him another, something he treasures deeply and will be rebuilding very soon.

my favourite and biggest regret selling is green GTS

currently im left with 1963 Morris 850 which is very good running order, has some rust that needs work so still deciding which way to go, my dad wants to do a complete respray on it to ensure that theres no rework in the future even though the patina on it is totally awesome.

i also have a very original 1965 Morris Traveller which seems to require an engine rebuild, it starts on the turn currently though but smokes a bit and has a lack of power, i intend to keep this car as is with no body work just mechanical upgrades and collect any outstanding original bits.

my new pride and joy is my 1972 1275 GT, with very few remaining and after the depression of basically swopping my GTS for a wife, i was so pleased to find this GT, however not fully original but most of it is there, the plan is to take it back to its original color of Protea White, fortunately Jared has an exact car and has agreed to guide me through this rebuild when im ready, car runs but seems to have broken mountings so its just garaged for now til i have the funds to proceed and decide the route im going to take.

lastly the other classic i have is 1978 Van Den Plas, which fortunately is in very good solid shape, car also ran very well until carb issues kicked in. the car is also quite original minus the paint job and front grill which i have already changed back to original and soon get under way with stripping before it gets painted back to the lovely brown that it came with.

looking forward to get back into full swing with my classics as its been too long in the wilderness.

closest i came to owning a mk3

Attached Files Image(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Sooper's post:
  • clintong
You've had a few neat looking mk1s Trinesh and there are some lovely original looking minis there too.
Keen to see how we get on with the GT Smile

Where's the green 'S'?
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Great collection of cars Trinesh, quite a few there I wouldn't mind having minivan
(10-14-2016, 06:20 PM)Jared Mk3 Wrote: Keen to see how we get on with the GT Smile

Where's the green 'S'?

green S is sold to a mate in Cape Town who is going to do probably do a full bolt and nut resto.

(10-14-2016, 11:41 PM)gpmini Wrote: Great collection of cars Trinesh, quite a few there I wouldn't mind having minivan

thanks bud, hope you well, sorry my phone has given up on me
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sooper's post:
  • Vinay-RS
(10-17-2016, 08:23 AM)Sooper Wrote: [quote='Jared Mk3' pid='5447' dateline='1476462042']
Keen to see how we get on with the GT Smile

Where's the green 'S'?

green S is sold to a mate in Cape Town who is going to do probably do a full bolt and nut resto.

That's good to know Trinesh. Glad to hear that it will get a full restoration.