The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minimad Vanden Plas
thanks guys
(10-12-2016, 08:36 AM)Sean1380 Wrote: I think Alan Milne (Brendon's dad) does veneer dashes

That he does, also builds one piece clubman dashboards as well
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
Latest on this build.

Brake system had a full change over back to mini, with 101.6 PCD, so I have all the brake components that was original powder coated and Zinc plated, everything else was order new.

The BMW disc brake up front was removed and replaced by Metro 4 Pot calipers , with some new 8.4 discs and new 101.6 drive flanges from Mini Spares UK

Rear GTI disc brake was removed and some new Spacer drums, Mintex shoes, spring kits, handbrake cable, rubber boots, where installed.

Finally got my hands on a set of original  13 inch Sports Pack Rims.

Sorry about the order in this post....but Im trying to catch up on about 6 months worth of work.

New Red dot rubber cone where installed up front, as you can see from the picture, the old ones where beyond usable.

Mini Spares 3 core radiator was also installed

Custom Dash was completed and installed, with the wiring all done and dusted, together with the alarm system and central locking...works like a charm.

Bolt On roll cage and 4 point seat belt harnesses where also installed.

Sports pack Rims fitted and some fancy after marker tri bar head lights and rear fog to get the car to look more and more like the Rover mini

With the latest out of the way and cars in the park just a week away....I will be installing a 3/4 inch spacer kit on the back with 78mm wheel studs, to get the rear wheels to line up with the arches.

Will also be doing a small sound system set-up in the boot (10 rockford fosgate sub and 2 amplifiers).

will also look into getting the centre console and arm rest covered so that it fits in with the rest of the interior.

4 X 160mm fog lamp also need to be fitted before CITP.

Attached Files Image(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like Minimad's post:
  • gweir, Vinay-RS
Lovely work on your car, Krishan. Are those gauges from an Apache? They really look good in a Mini and that dash also looks great!
If you don't mind, could you post a photo of how you've mounted the rear fog light and also, is it on a separate switch?
Thanks Vinay

To mount the rear fog I made up a bracket that picks up on one of the bumper bolts and yes its connected to an extra light switch that I installed, its runs the rear fog in the normal park light position and the front fogs in the dip light position. (going to use the rear fog more that the front ones)

The Speedo and Water Temp/ Fuel gauge are from an Apache. the Rev counter is of a Jag (picked it up at Piston Ring swop meet)
So I finally got the car ready for Cars in the park at about 1am on the day of the show, but it was well worth the time.

Vinay Ramjathan  from Centurion, who is busy with a 1275E restoration (hot rod style) and I attend the show in convoy.
Watch the space for Vinays beast, its been 18 months that he has been busy with it, with plenty more twists to come...hint K100 power plant Cool
I had a bit of mechanical issues while getting to the show, which I think was a bit of water in the distributor while washing the engine.

But we got there and joined the rest of the MOCSA and OMC mini clubs.

Both Vinay and I were super happy about the attention out cars got at the show. I never thought my mini would turn out to be such a head turner, and while we drove around the track to show of the mini, the amount of respect this little car got, brought tears to my eyes.

Attached Files Image(s)

[-] The following 5 users Like Minimad's post:
  • Grimz, gweir, Heinrich, minitim, Vinay-RS
And fully deserved attention. Your Mini is truly stunning and is definitely a show winner.
Very nice dude!!!!

This is basically the pinnacle in this little cars life with you.
Pity to see this break up!

Very awesome little car man!!!
Loving it!!!! Krishan who did the paint and roll cage?
Love this car Krishen. it really deserves all the attention.
The work you did on this car to get it to where it is today is astounding .

Great work bud