The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine I.D. Tags
Saw this link in another thread and found it useful : CLICKY

My engine number starts with 9AK-H . . . Not listed there.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Doesn't show my engine number either, 12HGTS
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
the 9AK and 12HGTS are SA numbers, they wont be listed on the site. there is also this site http://www.guess-works.com/Tech/engine.htm that has an engine nr decoder.

My First Mini had a 998 engine and the nr was 9AKUH 1---3
My Current Mini has a 1275 GTS engine and gearbox and the engine nr is 12HGTS1---5
Here's another link, pretty similar info as the first, but I'll put it here in case it's useful to someone.

http://www.retrominisltd.co.uk/index.php...&chapter=0
The 9AK engine number was for the locally built motor, correct? I think they were painted a pinkish red colour.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
9AK was the number on my very first mini motor as well. It was fitted in my 73 Station wagon.
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
My Mk1 1000 has an engine number 9AK-U-H9**5. I've always wondered about these SA codes that we can't get any info on... Like, what number did the 1000 S run? It had an SU HS-4 on as standard and was a fair bit quicker than the standard 1000.
You're right Jared. Those maroon 998 motors are the first generation SA motors (according to Ryno's Book). Their numbers are SA specific which is why they don't appear in the UK or US based engine number ID sites.
I was looking today, I think mine is 9AK-WE-H or something.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread