Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mini Pick Up Rebuild - Warning - Not for Sensitive Veiwers
(09-07-2015, 07:53 PM)Richie Rich Wrote: [Image: P1090035_zpsat1qmdsy.jpg]

Willy! I have found one of your missing wheels! Big Grin
I'm only here to LOL and +1
Oh he's got a full set of those with my name on them.
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
Someones been watching too much project Binky. Big Grin

Great fabrication work there!
For a price they can have your name all over them Ed.

Funny you say that Boyscout, it wont be AWD, but it will be 20v.
...20V, now your build title makes sense".....Warning - Not for Sensitive Viewers" there are a few sensitive viewers when it comes to Pickups....  Tongue Tongue Big Grin
Hey Richie,

Awesome work! Where are you based? I also want to do a sand-blasting restoration on my mini. Where did you get the blasting done, how much did it cost and did that include the priming?
Hey Rich, how low are you planning on running your Pup once it's done? Looks like you'll be able to tuck a lot up inside that exhaust tunnel.
1979 GTS
Leykor, I am based in KZN on the north coast. I used the same guysi as I did last time for Leone.
For blasting only the shell, and then epoxy coating the bare metal, it was R 4500. Just be careful as the panels warp if the guys arent to sure what they doing. They warped the roof, and a couple more panels. Just be prepared for surprises!

Ed, cant run it to low because of the Mini Workshop subframe and the longer wheelbase. I will probably tub the rear arches. But it will be as low as possible.
If Leone is anything to go by then this Pup is gonna come out looking spectacular.
1979 GTS
Another weekend has passed but never had as much time as I would have liked, I managed to do a bit of work, but ran out of time which I needed to clean up the welds, not allowed to make noise on Sundays  Dodgy

Trimmed the extra metal so the body lines met, and cleaned off the epoxy ready for welding

[Image: P1090071_zpshmqclaa0.jpg]

[Image: P1090072_zpsyrgezjcz.jpg]

While having the floor pans bent, I had other pieces bent for welding up around the floor pan. Also 2mm at various angles.
This was cut and bent to suit the profile and then drilled for welding.

[Image: P1090073_zpsaqqihjpl.jpg]

[Image: P1090076_zpssv85fasy.jpg]

Today, managed to get some welding done, just need some time to clean up the welds.

[Image: P1090078_zpsujbsdzfg.jpg]

[Image: P1090079_zpsaegrxwug.jpg]

Will post more pics once the welds have been cleaned. Not so easy welding at that angle, now I know why guys spend the money and build rotisseries. I also wont do so many spot welds next time, just a couple to hold the panel in place.