Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber 40 side draft
Hi,

So David Vizard recommends the following.

Main jet: 145
Air jet: 180
Em Tube: F16
pump Jet: 45
idle 50F2.

This is for a Standard motor with modified head.

Id say to start with you're main is WAY too small in relation to your air jet. If you can, get a set of jet drills and start off with a 130 and drive it and see how it goes, each time drilling very little out till you're happy.

Whats the rest of the engine like? any porting done on the head? If none is done you're not getting full potential from your cam as a cam with a standard head will keep you back a bit.

Question though, what is a DY5 cam?
Thanks Quinny for sending through the specs.
I am struggling to find a supplier for the weber jets.
Do you have any contacts/supplier info?

Regarding the CAM info, I don't have the exact specs.
Regarding the jets I think your best place to source them is ebay.
Think Quinton got his from there as well.

I'm getting my Dellorto jets off ebay as well.
Thanks.I think thats the best way forward as I can see from my research most guys tend to go with the SU set up.very limited spares available for Weber carbs.
NAh, i bought basically a full rebuild kit for my weber 45 off ebay and i also purchased new spindle shaft as well as new butterflies. So stuff is definitely available no doubt about it.

I bought all my stuff from ebay, a few suppliers on there. unfortunately the extra jets i have are a bit too big.

Here is something to help you.

https://www.minimania.com/Tuning_your_DC...Carburetor

i chose a weber for the simple fact that my dad and myself know a lot about them and have the ability to set it up very well, i know very little about SU carbs and bought myself a GTS recently that has twin SUs, so i will be forced to learn it haha
DY is one of Dez's cams - and he doesnt give out the specs :-(
Hi

Great, thanks for the link and advice, however I've managed to find a supplier in CPT, he pretty has a full stock of all sorts weber jets. i will make the details available to everyone once I receive the package in the post.

I personally love the sound of the weber carbs.For me, it not about the speed but rather the ability to feel the power....even if you clock 140...it is how you get there...:-)

Sean - you are on the mark on the DY5 cam.
Have you received your parcel yet?

I'm also in need of some weber bits and thought I'd give the local guys a call to try with pricing before shipping things half way around the world?
Still waiting for the package......I asked the supplier to provide me a list of items that he could provide for Mini's.

Will post the info once received. I rather confirm the validity of the supplier before posting any contacts,etc.
Perfect.

Yea no that's completely understandable.
You have a friend also waiting in anticipation now.