Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mini Pick Up Rebuild - Warning - Not for Sensitive Veiwers
Did you use TEK screws to keep everything together before welding? That's very clever!

(09-20-2015, 06:29 PM)Richie Rich Wrote: Sustained a very nice burn in between my small toe and the toe next to it, a hot piece of molten steel dropped onto my safety boots, found the only piece of vinyl/polyester and went straight through, danced around for a while but managed to carry on shortly afterwards.

I had a buddy who helped me de-seam a Mini many years ago. He used a Oxy torch to do the welding. The front door A-pillar was at some time filled in with lead. When he started welding the seam, a stream of molten lead ran down his thigh and settled in his flip flop, making an impromptu casting of the space between his foot bridge and the plakkie. He politely asked my wife to close her ears and then some choice words were used, instantly enriching my vocabulary. This was quite and achievement because I had spent 5 years in the Airforce and thought I had heard every expletive ever spoken.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mini Pick Up Rebuild - Warning - Not for Sensitive Veiwers - by Boyscout - 09-21-2015, 07:34 AM