The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1978 1100 Deluxe restored to Original
This is not my car I'm just helping out a fellow Mini enthusiast

This is from the owner:
I have done the following,
Resprayed to the original colour, this was done by a reputable body shop in Port Elizabeth who specialize in old vehicles restoration.(Deluxe Body Works 041 4845928 Russel)

Motor completely redone (Dougie Stein 041 5815321 or 0765353756) Dougie has been restoring and repairing Mini for most of his life and does a great job.

The car is licensed and roadworthy.

Brief history
I bought the car earlier this year from a guy in Cradock who inherited it from his mom in Upington this car has never been at the coast only the last few months that I owned it.It has been in a garage under a car cover at all times and not been outside at all.
It had no rust and been completely stripped and resprayed including all the waves taken out the roof. The headlining is redone as well as all mats repaired and the door panels repaired and new backing board with clips done.
The motor has been rebuilt with the last set of 1100 pistons available that were still original from Leyland. All parts from the UK and motor is perfect.

Brakes completely redone brake shoes, drums cylinders all original parts except shoes they were redone.

The clutch completely redone with new parts.

Original 10" wheels refurbished with chrome caps and new tyres never been used (not the wheels in the pictures).

New radiator, jack in its bag, original in car manual.

My view was to put the car back to its original state as it left the factory. It will have the motor in but all the extra trim will be inside to have it all fitted.

The motor has the best oil I could find and will be putting coolant in and not water.

I am sad to sell it but won’t have the time to complete it and do not want to leave it in some ones care in PE.

Only the trim needs to be fitted to complete.

I have put huge amounts of money into the restoration so need realistic sale price.

Please ask prospective buyer to call me to explain as I may have omitted some detail. 

Asking R50 000

Car is currently in Port Elizabeth
Thanks
Contact details for seller:
Evan
083 4four8 one92two

[Image: AuOe_GrIMrlNRTQWubmkyqS2ly4pKmTQXegnlyHE...wpb2qr.jpg]

[Image: AqxNVN9qGdfzcbQe4ZyEAsoeQbSy8aLOXIiSdftv...ikjxyj.jpg]

[Image: AsCG_REX5p8XWthGzFER-k2Yoqf8FAfrHFM0BjXJ...jkopwx.jpg]

[Image: ArIjJHWviEwPPQtoHpM-AKlkJDJFBNltHcc_fSOR...qolbfd.jpg]

[Image: AjllUuS-vKu-a2G_cJV_yFoAArxv5d7Nek90qx7u...7cynqi.jpg]

[Image: AqxNVN9qGdfzcbQe4ZyEAsoeQbSy8aLOXIiSdftv...ikjxyj.jpg]