The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me resolve my Mk1's issues... Again!
Guys

Just a few points, firstly remember the white or black and white wire from the harness needs to go to the positive of the coil.
The wire to the distributer is from the negative on the coil. Further if your coil keeps getting hot with the ignition to the on position, then you more than likely have a earthing issue on either the engine or just the distributer. Mark the distributer's current location on the baseplate and body of the dizzy. Then take either carb cleaner or brake cleaner and spray the inside of the dizzy and use compressed air to blow it out if available. Then check the wire running from the dizzy body to the baseplate and ensure it is tight and making proper contact. Re-assemble and see how it goes. Another test is wait till it is dark and try to start the car, if you see sparks around the dizzy cap then it is cracked and needs replacement. Lastly make sure the earth strap from the body to the engine is clean and correctly attached and the same will go for the negative strap for the battery from the body in the boot. Loosen them and clean them with sand paper and where the cable contacts the body.

The very last point, I have found that the latest spark plugs of the last few years are so bad that if they got flooded once properly with petrol, they more than likely need replacement.

Good luck
Own some minis, break them, fix them, improve them, test them to the limit....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me resolve my Mk1's issues... Again! - by GTSPhil - 10-06-2015, 08:26 AM