The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me resolve my Mk1's issues... Again!
Just a note on ignition coils. Itbis getting increasingly harderbto get tge correct coils for our Minis. The spares shops sell two coils. One is supposedly for electronic ignition and the other for points. They both have very low primary resistance of less than 1.5 Ohm. The Mini requires a coil with primary resistance between 2.5 and 3 ohm. If you use the wrong coil, you will burn points and if you have the electronic module fitted, you will probably blow that as well.

I found a locally manufactured coil, blueish green in colour that has 2.5ohm resistance which works well with points and electronic module. Surprisingly it has the same part no as the lucas and Huco coils.

I suggest you take a multimeter with when you buy a coil. Both Lucas and Huco was too low. Haven't tried Bosch.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me resolve my Mk1's issues... Again! - by Boyscout - 10-06-2015, 08:51 PM