Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mini Pick Up Rebuild - Warning - Not for Sensitive Veiwers
Thank you for the comments guys.

A little bit more to come.

With all the cutting and replacement of panels and floors, it was time to double check everything was still aligned as I am not working on a jig. Along with the alignment test, I needed the front frame in for the new front valance to align during the epoxy stage.

[Image: IMG_20160227_211640_zpskwaw3tsv.jpg]

It all lines up very well and very happy that the floor and the front end are almost complete.

The next hurdle is the rear panels, tubbing the arches and the rear valance, which luckily I bought in while the Rand was a bit stronger.

The drivers side was cut away in stages to expose some rust, and some previous repairs carried out by brazing. Needless to say there was a lot of brass, and it all needs to be removed before I can even think of trying to weld.

[Image: P1090647_zpsr2ksgew8.jpg]

I unfortunately don't have repair panels for the rear quarters, so from here on, all panels will be custom made and time consuming.

[Image: P1090649_zpsiqm5hdc3.jpg]

Bracing under the floor unfortunately had to be cut out, so the areas will be cleaned, treated and primed, then to replace the understructure before welding on new rear panels.

[Image: P1090648_zpsi0xmkqlf.jpg]

Luckily I wont be replacing the bin bed, but it will require repairs where it meets the rear panels.
[-] The following 4 users Like Richie Rich's post:
  • admin, Boyscout, Jared Mk3, Vinay-RS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mini Pick Up Rebuild - Warning - Not for Sensitive Veiwers - by Richie Rich - 04-03-2016, 06:24 PM