Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injection moulding or wheel arch moulds GTS arhces
The UK will be a better source of parts in general, most of our parts come from there (or China) if not locally made. The Australia specific parts may be easier to find here, such as the earlier winding window parts. I have updated the prior post with a few more contact details in different areas. Perhaps it is more useful in the 'links' area.

Yes the price is high, I remember thinking $40.00 Australian was a lot in the mid '80s for one, twice that now.

Regarding quality that is also my bugbear. The plastic is not strong and usually ends up cracking where it follows around the body seam. Fibreglass may be stronger and more long lasting. Fitment is also so-so and the fitment of the trim strip even with a little hair dryer heat a pain.

The main issue I have is with the dirt, dust and moisture that collects behind, and if I end up using these rather than the Wood & Picket style I will be running sealer all around the top edge next to the body and possibly lower edge as well, similar to what is done with the 'ears' over the Mercedes 300SL wheel arches.

This may not be such a huge issue, the picture is of a crusty Mk II Cooper S arch extension which in the end outlasted the rest of the body.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Injection moulding or wheel arch moulds GTS arhces - by askalbert - 06-02-2016, 03:31 AM