Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MkII Morris Pickup Bonnet Badge
This isn't a very technical question for the Technical Query forum, but it seemed to fit here best.

I live near Los Angeles in the US and have a 1969 South African MkII Pickup with a very poor original bonnet badge. It is the simple round domed clear plastic badge with rear painted red Morris bull and wavy blue lines for the water/stream.  They aren't available new and good used ones go for crazy money on E-Bay. 

Can anyone tell me if the SA MkII badge was completely painted on the back, including silver and a white background like the attached picture I found of a British badge?  Or was it clear except for the painted ox and stream, with a silver piece of plastic coated paper behind it like mine has?  I don't know if that silver paper is original or if it was just someone's simplified attempt at repainting.    

A friend is casting a new badge  and will paint it, but I don't know which way to have him paint it.  I  want to keep the pickup looking fairly original so I'll try to  duplicate whatever came from the factory.

I couldn't find anything relevant on the internet then I ran across your forum, so I hope someone from its birthplace can assist.

Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
MkII Morris Pickup Bonnet Badge - by hif44 - 08-24-2016, 03:15 PM
RE: MkII Morris Pickup Bonnet Badge - by hif44 - 08-26-2016, 12:21 PM