The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unleaded Cylinder Head
I have read a few articles on this subject and all roads lead to the following conclusion:

Unless you're contemplating inter-galactic mileage, you don't need a converted head. If you're a-series engine has ingested hoops of leaded fuel over many thousand's of miles, and you only do limited casual mileages, you are likely to get away without the need of a conversion or additive. My personal recommendation and experience has proven that using an endorsed additive is the best way to go.

On race cars or where larger than sensibly usable valves can be fitted where exhaust seat inserts can be used and unleaded fuel only is usable - don't bother about inserts, just use a reputable additive.

Source:
Minimania

The Partnership for Clean Fuels and Vehicles Valve Recession Working Group have found that valve seat erosion "was only found after constant high speed laboratory tests" and that "erosion was virtually not found when vehicles are used for everyday normal operation".

Source:
Partnership for Clean Fuels and Vehicles
Gregory
It is what you think you know already that prevents you from learning.
I am here to learn. Teach me.

Messages In This Thread
Unleaded Cylinder Head - by gweir - 09-14-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: Unleaded Cylinder Head - by Sean1380 - 09-16-2016, 12:11 PM
RE: Unleaded Cylinder Head - by gweir - 09-16-2016, 01:29 PM
RE: Unleaded Cylinder Head - by Sean1380 - 09-19-2016, 09:50 AM
RE: Unleaded Cylinder Head - by Boyscout - 09-19-2016, 10:08 AM
RE: Unleaded Cylinder Head - by DomMINIque - 09-19-2016, 12:15 PM
RE: Unleaded Cylinder Head - by Boyscout - 09-19-2016, 02:33 PM