Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mini Pick Up Rebuild - Warning - Not for Sensitive Veiwers
So I decided to take a bit of time off from the build, and deal with some other issues that had come up. After the break, had a bit of a think and now I am ready to focus on the build again.

First job was to tackle the rear panel. I had bent up a section of 0.9mm sheet and transferred a template to create the new panel. Due to the curves, body lines and the tubbed rear arches, it didn't work out to easy. The lower of the panel has the body seam, and the front has the door jam area which all adds up to an intricate panel to recreate, however, a new panel landed is over R 7000.00. So, I did my best.

The view from the rear quarter
[Image: P1090871_zpsskzco5hu.jpg]

The tubbed arches
[Image: P1090872_zpsj7ywbkkv.jpg]

[Image: P1090873_zpsqquhqbzl.jpg]

The door jam
[Image: P1090874_zpsex1y8dqu.jpg]

[Image: P1090875_zpswenbdodi.jpg]

The top seam and some rust repairs
[Image: P1090877_zpslvxyt3ch.jpg]

[Image: P1090878_zpsdnrxe21m.jpg]

Threw on some etch primer to hold back the rust
[Image: P1090879_zpsgm8rwffy.jpg]

[Image: P1090880_zpsvt9q8yyb.jpg]

[Image: P1090882_zpsqefzubs3.jpg]

The welds did clean up nicely, and with a neat skim of body filler will be good and smooth.

Need to seam weld around the arches to complete the panel, but I am very happy with the result.

There are 2 repairs under the bin to complete, the templates are made, just need to duplicate in steel and fit. Then its over to the passenger side. Still deciding whether a full rear panel is required or if patches will suffice. Will keep you posted with the progress.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Richie Rich's post:
  • Vinay-RS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mini Pick Up Rebuild - Warning - Not for Sensitive Veiwers - by Richie Rich - 09-24-2016, 08:55 PM