Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Seans 1978 1100DL
Sean your mini has gone through some lovely changes. I love the wide cosmics and force rims, plus you probably have one of the tidiest engines and engine bays I have ever scene.
Thanks Vinnay.

I must give the engine bay another clean, and take a photo with its new tappet cover.
HOPEFULLY we can finish stock take today so that I can get tomorrow off work.........
It's almost like I've seen those split rims somewhere before.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
hahaah - that you have squire
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sean1380's post:
  • Jared Mk3
so last weekend we got confirmation that we got a new place live.

AND

its got a garage.

So, what do i have to / need to do on the Mini ?

Well, off comes the rear drums, to be replaced with a set of Mini Fins, new shoes and GTS slaves.

New Mini Spares bottom arms and tie bars for the front suspension (Zak looking forward to getting his mits on my cars current set up)

and whilst there, a new steering rack needs to be slotted in.

so much to do, but now with a place to do it LOL
  • Colin
I was a busy boy this Sunday past...

I decided to fit my modified Mini Fin rear drums, and discovered, that the wheel studs dont push far enough out to allow me to bolt on my wheels !!!!!

So, luckily i had a set of longer wheel studs that i bought at some stage...

[Image: DSC_2442_zpsksex5fbc.jpg]

[Image: DSC_2447_zps0fcvu33c.jpg].

This meant removing the rear hubs, which also meant i may as well remove the old grease, clean the bearings in thinners and repack with fresh Castrol BNS grease.

This is the difference the longer studs made compared to the standard GTS rear studs.

[Image: DSC_2446_zpsm9m5zhph.jpg]
whilst there i also noticed that the Cooper S (15.7mm) rear slave cylinder on the driver side was leaking, so i put in new GTS rear slaves (12.7mm) as well as the matched re-lined pads for the Minifins as well as new springs.

[Image: DSC_2449_zpsjhtasfxb.jpg]

[Image: DSC_2450_zpss3fj1ptu.jpg].

I then found out that the studs were just a tad bit to long for the wheel nuts to wind all the way down, i cant win, its either to long or to short LOL..

so i had two 9mm spacers lying around, from when i was putting the big Brembo brakes on my old Daewoo Turbo...

[Image: DSC_2451_zpsxrepuzct.jpg]

Wheels still sit inside the arch.

[Image: DSC_2454_zpsbfklpz2n.jpg]
Also found this whilst cleaning out my folks workshop, was from the big birthday bash at Clarens

[Image: DSC_2457_zpsssu518dh.jpg]
  • Vinay-RS
Oh ya, and these 1275 boot boards, need to get these copied and recovered.

[Image: DSC_2458_zpszkdjuoqu.jpg]