Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Seans 1978 1100DL
ohhhhh - and i found some pictures of when i put on the Semi Slicks...........

[Image: DSC_1790%20small_zps61reuaub.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1789%20small_zpspfp22tzv.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1787%20small_zpsnznjhpxb.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1786%20small_zpsokm356ad.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sean1380's post:
  • Vinay-RS
Love the look of the semi slick tyres.
Had a bit of an issue when we went to CITP at Zwartkops last weekend - with 3 adults in, the rear tyres now touched on the fiberglass arches.

Luckily, Brandons mate Mick, was able to jump into Kavesh's Mini for the trip there.

On the way back the simple solution, was to take off the rear arches and put them into the boot LOL
Looks like i need slightly narrower rear spacers, maybe a 5mm will do, either that or raise the Hi Lo a tad
So I finally got the new front windscreen fitted this weekend, with the help of Malcolm Stiles.

We highly recommend using the Mini Spares website method, over the twine method, as the rubber is to thick to use with the twine.

Some judicious use of Meguiars car wash (no salt in the soap) and an hour later, in it went.

I must admit, the UK rubber with the chrome fillet really does look so much better than the plan black set up.

Pictures to follow.
I also manged to grind out the inside of the steering wheel boss, so that i could fit the centre cap for the Momo steering wheel.
half way there and my tool for fitting the fillet breaks !!!!

[Image: DSC_2849_zpsqpst797b.jpg]

so we made another plan.

[Image: DSC_2851_zps6gvd7acm.jpg]

Sorted...

[Image: DSC_2852_zpsvtjp3p0w.jpg]

AND yes, that is a rubber mallet on the bonnet, used to "tap" the rubber in place, NOT to hit the glass LOL
[Image: DSC_2859_zpsdsjsdm0h.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sean1380's post:
  • gweir
Chrome fillet makes such a difference.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
That it does.