The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gizmo (79 GTS)
I can't say with certainty Ed, my dad bought the GTS for me in '87 from a family who bought it new. I still remember the mom crying her eyes out as I drove out their driveway.
I sold it at least 15 years ago and I just don't remember the first registration date unfortunately. It was orange with a black stripe... not sure if the colour can help to date it?
You don't by any chance have a pic of it in its original colour do you? Mine was also apparently orange before it was painted white and then a custom metallic pink/purple.
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
Just a shitty screen grab from an old VHS tape of when the car was being stripped and sanded for a colour change.

That's actually quite neat, I've never seen one in the original orange before. Thanks for that mate.
1979 GTS
My second GTS was orange Malcolm.

Went in for a respray, and came out looking MUCH brighter, with a green roof.

now owned by Wayne Westwood in PMB
Guys

The plate that is zig-zag cut with the model number and vin number also has the colour of the car.
Find the plate and check what the original colour was.  On my own car that plate is located on the rear parcel shelf.  I have had to do with three GTSs where the plate was also there.  I have been told the cross member under the passenger seat is also a hiding place for this plate.

Cheers
Own some minis, break them, fix them, improve them, test them to the limit....
Every GTS that I have checked thus far has had that plate on the passenger side of the rear parcel shelf, but the placement on the cross member is something new to me. proof that you learn something new every day. Thanks Phil
1979 GTS
heres a pic of the seat from my old gts

heres a few seats on offer, im thinking of taking the two similar to my old gts ones, but there seems to be a few gts seats here.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks Trin, I was trying to find those pics of your seats.
1979 GTS
Slight update, I've had to put Gizmo on the back burner again due to a couple of unforseen hospital bills and some urgently needed renovations to my house but I'm hoping to be back at it soon with a slight but temporary change in direction on the final engine spec and possibly a major change in my final choice of styling (Seans doingRolleyes ).
1979 GTS