The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hardened valve seats for Unleaded fuel
When I had the engineering done to overhaul the engine, I took the opportunity to have hardened valve seats installed on the exhaust valves so I could run on unleaded fuel. Work was done by Alan Y Brink. Superb job. Been running on unleaded for more than a year now. Daily driver.

Attached Files Image(s)

That is a great mod to do.
I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.
I will be doing this as well at some point in the not too distant future.
I'm only here to LOL and +1
The last Caltex garage in our area has now also stopped selling LRP, so it is becoming more of a necessity.
finding it more and more difficult for find LRP..... when i rebuild my motor i asked for this to be modded on my head. alas it wasnt !!! so im waiting now to blown a head gasket again hahaha
What did the engineering work cost you Boyscout?
(09-15-2015, 11:59 AM)Minimad Wrote: What did the engineering work cost you Boyscout?
The entire head was redone. So strip, chemical clean, resurface (skim), new valve guides and stem seals, 4 x hardened seats installed, ground all valve seats and valves. re-assemble and leak test. It was around R2400. Work was done by Alan Y Brink.
Did you have to install new valves aswell for the unleaded conversion?
No, the existing valves were re-used. Cleaned and dressed.
What do you mean by dressed?