The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gear selection issue
Still trying to get my head round this one.
I can select all gears easily without the motor running, but if engine is running the gears are alot more notchy. The clutch take up is also bearly off the floor. It may be my imagination, but gets worse as the motor warms up. May be due to primary gear end float being too small. 

What else do yo guys think?
Personally I'd look at the clutch before getting too complicated with the gearbox internals.
I would make sure the clutch arm return stop gap is set to the absolute minimum. 0.5mm If I recall correctly. Then bleed the clutch sytem, Air in the system could cause havoc when everything starts heating up.

Also if there is even the slightest bit of slop in the clutch arm pivot point, then you won't get the throw-out you need.
Sounds like a clutch problem, try and bleed the clutch and check the adjustment.
this MAY be part of the problem...................

The ball on the bottom of the clutch arm that goes into the plunger that pushes the release bearing against the pressure plate, wears, hence the reason a lot of guys heat and bend the clutch arm.

Best solution, new arm and bottom plunger.

Cheap solution, Doug at Mini Spares sell longer top pins (the one that goes into the clutch slave cylinder)
Have to agree that it sounds like a clutch adjustment issue.

Also check for blockages in the clutch line while you are bleeding it.
I'm only here to LOL and +1
Fiddled around this morning again before using the Clubby to work. Adjusted the arm stop gap again, and threw off the clutch return spring to see if there's any difference.

Seems I have made some progress as a little bit of fine adjustment has now made the world of difference.

Around a month ago i replaced the clutch arm, plunger, clutch cover (old one was worn out by plunger) and clutch throw out bearing. No more play in these areas.

Thanks guys...

Was having nightmares of having to remove the clutch again.
Might be master cylinder bypassing pressure... pump pedal with motor running, if bite point gets higher off the floor you need to consider rebuilding master cylinder, assuming there's no visible leaks at slave.
What's the condition of the rubber hose between the master and slave?
New master cylinder, new slave cylinder and new pipe between the two.

Hopefully all is well now.
Also can be worn engine thrust washers, get someone to press down on the clutch and watch for movement of the front crankshaft pulley. Had this before...