Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mighty Car Mods Mini
Video 
Will post the videos for this series here. Great bunch of passionate Australians who enjoy building cars. They're fun to watch as well.

Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
I just finished watching supercharging part 1 and thought I must post a thread on here, meanwhile you've beat me to it.

I love these two guys
They're great fun to watch!
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
That lights one is really really useful. I need to watch more of these videos!
They are really useful.
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
So guys checked out the vids

What is the difference between our mini's and that jdm mini internally to be able to handle the boost?

What do u guys think it will take to do a mod like this ? whats the gains verses the costs?

Do u guys think it best to rather do a 20v Toyota conversion than this type of project?

Thanks
Can't speak too much on the internals.

But given what they've done so far it doesn't seem to be that much involved however our minis are carb fuelled whereas that mini was fuel injected (single point now multi point) therefore the computer becomes the challenge.

Given the sad exchange rate you'll probably find the 20v still works out cheaper
Also remember, that's a much later and therefore different motor to ours. Internals etc. are all different to what we have.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread