Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caspers Journey
(02-21-2016, 04:07 PM)Vinay-RS Wrote: Great idea on the rubber on the sides of the boot. I am definitely going to borrow/steal that idea. I too have noticed that when the boot boards vibrate, while driving, there is quite a bit of rubbing.

You actually just need to rubberise the contact areas , so the whole rear and front , the driver side , Do not put rubber by the petrol tank because that makes it extremely difficult to remove! Just that bit that slides in underneath the tank does not require rubber , and no that part does not rattle actually , its the front and back and drivers side

i also made a leg that fits underneath the board for stabilization and it works quite well
Nice additions and alla the small things matter!

Good job on trying to Diy alot of the things. I would shit myself before trying anything haha.

Keep it up broe!
Really love those seats! Enjoy the car now Smile make a trip to Kokstad!
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
(02-21-2016, 04:15 PM)Ridhwaan1275E Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 04:07 PM)Vinay-RS Wrote: Great idea on the rubber on the sides of the boot. I am definitely going to borrow/steal that idea. I too have noticed that when the boot boards vibrate, while driving, there is quite a bit of rubbing.

You actually just need to rubberise the contact areas , so the whole rear and front , the driver side , Do not put rubber by the petrol tank because that makes it extremely difficult to remove! Just that bit that slides in underneath the tank does not require rubber , and no that part does not rattle actually , its the front and back and drivers side

i also made a leg that fits underneath the board for stabilization and it works quite well

You're right, I must do that too. Especially as the second board of the two seems to drop under the first and it looks funny.
Very nice man! You've made some very good progress and casper looks really good!
(02-21-2016, 04:57 PM)JAYO Wrote: Nice additions and alla the small things matter!

Good job on trying to Diy alot of the things. I would shit myself before trying anything haha.

Keep it up broe!

Thanks buddy!

I was more in the situation where labor cost would have killed me , so i had to tackle it myself , and trust me there was a lot of poo coming out from the start! Even the simplest things still scare me

(02-21-2016, 06:50 PM)DomMINIque Wrote: Very nice man! You've made some very good progress and casper looks really good!

Thanks Dom!

Still got a lot to do , but after starting of at the pace i did , i think it's time to budget a bit more wisely lol

But yeah going to do my best to keep it looking fresh and moving sound

(02-21-2016, 05:08 PM)Jared Mk3 Wrote: Really love those seats! Enjoy the car now Smile make a trip to Kokstad!

Yeah i absolutely fell in love with the seats! to be honest it was the first thing that caught my eye!

First your Durban trip! then we will talk about Kokstad lol

(02-21-2016, 05:13 PM)Vinay-RS Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 04:15 PM)Ridhwaan1275E Wrote:

You're right, I must do that too. Especially as the second board of the two seems to drop under the first and it looks funny.

How do you plan on building yours? what material?
Great looking E you got there. I finished a 1098 to 1275 conversion yesterday afternoon.

Concerning the hi-los on the front according to the Rover repair operations time manual that job takes 6-7 hours in a professional rover workshop. I have cut the time down to 6 hours IF I RUN INTO NO PROBLEMS like the top arm bearings being stuffed etc. And still clients are amazed when I charge them 6 hours of labour to do the job.

Otherwise keep up the good work.
Own some minis, break them, fix them, improve them, test them to the limit....
(02-21-2016, 07:30 PM)GTSPhil Wrote: Great looking E you got there.  I finished a 1098 to 1275 conversion yesterday afternoon.

Concerning the hi-los on the front according to the Rover repair operations time manual that job takes 6-7 hours in a professional rover workshop.  I have cut the time down to 6 hours IF I RUN INTO NO PROBLEMS like the top arm bearings being stuffed etc.  And still clients are amazed when I charge them 6 hours of labour to do the job.

Otherwise keep up the good work.

I can fully understand the labor cost when it comes to working on a classic mini

i stated 11 hours but that is not including the stops i took in between , i can't fathom doing Hi Los 6 hours straight!

Thanks Phil , Good to know you work on these cars , looks like i've found someone else to trouble for advice as i learn and go on with Casper
Nice Mini! Well done on tackling it yourself and learning along the way. Many years ago I also used Mazda 323 mirrors. They work well. Where did you find those?
(02-22-2016, 06:52 AM)Boyscout Wrote: Nice Mini! Well done on tackling it yourself and learning along the way. Many years ago I also used Mazda 323 mirrors. They work well. Where did you find those?

Thanks ! Yeah it's been tough but well worth it!

The mirrors are an order on request item at any Midas , you need to tell them to produce their catalogue and in it you will find the mirror , they can order it for you.

They are quite cheap , but work and look really good on a mini