Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disc brake conversion setup
Just curious about whether someone has a spare one of these lying around and how much they typically sell for. 

Thanks,

Vinay
I'll keep an eye out Smile
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jared Mk3's post:
  • Vinay-RS
*clapping hands* Ceasar getting an upgrade soon Vinay?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DomMINIque's post:
  • Vinay-RS
(03-20-2016, 11:55 AM)DomMINIque Wrote: *clapping hands* Ceasar getting an upgrade soon Vinay?

I'd love to Dominique give him an upgrade. Hence the need to look for the parts Smile
I can do/sell the stuff for golf disc brake conversion
I'd rather not go that route Junaid, as I would prefer to keep my 10" wheels. Thanks for the offer though.

Actually it might be beneficial if you could create a post detailing the conversion and the costs for people who are running 13s and want to get disc brakes. Plus it could be used to let people know that you supply the full kits Smile
Mini Correct will be as follows:

Used,in bad shape, need a lot of parts replaced, 8.4 inch set will go between R2500 to R4000-R5000.
A good, we replaced some of the parts (like discs, caliper seal kit and brake pads) will go for R6500 to R7500.

Now the Cooper variety,
Again Used,in bad shape, need a lot of parts replaced, 7.5 inch set will go between R4500 to R6000-R7000.
A good, we replaced some of the parts (like discs, caliper seal kit and brake pads) will go for R8000 to R10 000.

I bet that sounds expensive right, well I quoted a client 3 weeks ago and with the current excuse for the rand we have a new set with the MS calipers will be R19000 landed without the re-sellers markup so probably about R21000, if you want the proper AP calipers add another R2500 to the previous price and there you go.

Please note I have found the cheaper variety to need some serious bits replaced before they can be re-used and recently I have had to replace the driving flanges after they have been modified to take VW Wheel studs etc.
Own some minis, break them, fix them, improve them, test them to the limit....
[-] The following 1 user Likes GTSPhil's post:
  • Vinay-RS
Thank you for the information Phil. I can imagine that they are pricey and that most cheap sets are probably in an unsafe state to use on any car.

Those prices give me a target when it comes to putting cash aside for such a purchase.