The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake lines
Hi all

Where in Pta can i have the brake lines re done?
Have a look for a hydraluics shop/workshop near you they'll be able to do it for you.

I use these guys as they have a branch near me.
http://www.thc.co.za/
Are you referring to the flexible lines? I found it cheaper to buy new from Sportscar centre in JHB. If you want to have the steel lines redone then use Media Hydraulics (AKA Centurion Hydraulics) they are next to the Subaru dealership, cnr old JHB and Hendrik Verwoerd. They can do the flexible lines as well, using your old fittings.
(04-01-2016, 08:55 AM)Boyscout Wrote: Are you referring to the flexible lines? I found it cheaper to buy new from Sportscar centre in JHB. If you want to have the steel lines redone then use Media Hydraulics (AKA Centurion Hydraulics) they are next to the Subaru dealership, cnr old JHB and Hendrik Verwoerd. They can do the flexible lines as well, using your old fittings.

Thanks

im refering to the metal lines..

How dificult is it to do this yourself?
What tools are needed?

Anyone done this them selves?
I did this myself, Bought the pipe and fittings from Media. I had access to a proper flaring tool that could do proper SAE bubble flare. The cheapie flaring tools from the likes of Adendorff don't work well at all. On the rear brakes you have to do a double flare.

Best option is to strip out all the steel pipes and take it too Media so they can make them up the same as the old ones, then you just install them.

I would only suggest this if the current steel pipes are corroded or visibly damaged. Mine were.
(04-01-2016, 10:30 AM)Boyscout Wrote: I did this myself, Bought the pipe and fittings from Media. I had access to a proper flaring tool that could do proper SAE bubble flare. The cheapie flaring tools from the likes of Adendorff don't work well at all. On the rear brakes you have to do a double flare.

Best option is to strip out all the steel pipes and take it too Media so they can make them up the same as the old ones, then you just install them.

I would only suggest this if the current steel pipes are corroded or visibly damaged. Mine were.

Almost all the "bolts" on my lines are stripped, the mini im restoring had a few bad owners...
The one line just after the split to the front subframe has actually been cut, so dont know how accurate it would be to use as a sample...
If i could make them myself, it would just be "easier" or not...

Think ill go have a chat to the guys at Media then...
I had mine done by Centurion Hydraulics. May also be an option.
(04-01-2016, 01:28 PM)minitim Wrote: I had mine done by Centurion Hydraulics. May also be an option.

I have also used them Tim. They very helpful and they do there best to get everything for you.