The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are twin carbs a worthwhile mod on a standard 1275 E motor
Hi guys, 

Just wondering if it would be worthwhile investing in twin HS2 carbs, to replace the standard HS4 carb on my 1275 E. The motor is completely standard at the moment and I was curious if the change would be more trouble than it is worth?

Thanks Smile
Can't beat the look of the twin carbs Wink
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Yeah, but would there be an expected improvement, apart from looks of course.
Vinay, I stand to be corrected here, but as far as I am aware there is a list of other things you should do before going to twin carbs.

Intake/Exhaust manifold split and then head work and then maybe twin carbs.

In your case for now I'd save up for some head work first.

Just my uneducated thought.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DomMINIque's post:
  • Vinay-RS
Twins look good on any Mini engine.

BUT you would need a decent LCB or crows foot exhaust manifold to make it worth while and put on a freeflow 45mm OD exhaust whilst you are there.

Should help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sean1380's post:
  • Vinay-RS
^^^ What he said. ^^^

Also, as Dom suggested, look into some head work as well. There's a decent amount wasted in the standard Mini head.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jared Mk3's post:
  • Vinay-RS
Thanks for the info guys. So I'll add it to the bucket list of potential mods, but leave it for now, until I can get the head upgraded.
remember, the only real performance difference between the 1275E @ 46kW and the GTS @ 55kW was the twin carbs, the crows foot manifold, the sportier cam (so i am told), the 35.7mm inlet valves instead of 33mm and the 9.75 compression ration instead of the 9.4 of the E.

So in reality, change exhaust and put on twins would yield a good 7 or 8kW IMHO
I must say when i went from my HS4 to twin HS2's it made a world of difference... also coupled to that was Sean's old Head.....twin HS2's still need a bit of fiddling to get them 100%... but im happy overall
Sumeet, did the head make a big difference before fitting the twin carbs or did the engine feel choked until the twins were fitted?