The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willy's Mini
Heart  Heart Heart wow...
Can't stop looking at this clubby...and the pickup  Cool
Any updates since touches were planned lastyear?   Big Grin
Maybe I can answer on Wian's behalf.

He has successfully converted it into a hovercar - yes, it is currently flying without the need for wheels in his garage....

Jokes aside, the man is too busy with "life" at the moment, but once the new revisions are done it will be quite the little monster.
I'm only here to LOL and +1
Thanks Enzio.

Well its the first time this year I have logged into the forum.

No pictures yet. Started in December to take everything appart. Shipped the 4 Pod Metro brakes down to Durban.

Busy fitting new fuel lines, 8mm supply and return. Firewall has been cut to make space for the turbo which is in the car already. Downpipe fitted and is Massive. Just waiting for new studs on the machined front flanges to go in then I can start assebling again. Got HELL Peformance braided hoses done, new fuel pump is in, rear adaptors made and remade and they now fit.

But I will probably not touch the car for the next month or so again because I work two jobs . . .

O and it will get new wheels . . .
I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.
Great Wian. How about some pics to cure our curiosity?
Glad you bit the bullet and started putting your turbo plans into action again
I'm sorry I made you log on Wian haha. But you can't keep us in the dark like this.

If you need more time on the mini, I will work your one job for you provided I am paid Big Grin

Look forward to updates on the now current hovercraft  Angel
I need help so we can talk. I can not get all my turns and need stuff driven around. . .
I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.
So. . .

Had a fairly good mini weekend.

Made and fitted new brake lines.

Made and fitted new fuel supply and return lines.

Got new driveshafts with new CV's last week.

Trail fitted gearbox to check clearance on the fuel lines. 100%

And I drilled a big hole in a perfectly good gearbox . . .

Didn't take any pictures . . . maybe next time.

Hopefully I will be able to mate the gearbox and motor this week to finish piping.
Big hole for oil return?

Where you taking your oil feed from Wian?
(03-28-2017, 09:51 AM)DomMINIque Wrote: Big hole for oil return?

Where you taking your oil feed from Wian?

Yes for the first one. I figured that while the box and motor is out I can just aswell check everything and make sure it clears. Gives the oil a lot nicer route to flow down and there is no issue with the rotating bits or windage inside.

Oil feed is from the oil pressure switch with a braided hose to the turbo.

In other news. The motor and gearbox is back together for the first time in 4 years.
So Again no photos. I really suck at this these days.

But I finished the rear suspension including brakes. Everything new bar the trailing arms. Disks and calipers fitted, new brakes lines from splitter and everything tightened. Just have to hook up the fuel lines on between the pump and tank and maybe fit a fuel pump relay for the first time ever on this car.

In the front, motor still not in the car but I managed to get the oil cooler sandwich mounted and turbo oil drain done. While the motor is out I am going to do a new cradle to mount the radiator and intercooler and oil cooler to. Also have to take measurements of the turbo bulkhead box to make one up this week.