Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thumz MKIII 4AGE build
Hi guys so firstly i would like to thank you guys for an awesome welcoming, and give props to the admin for a well designed forum (much better than any other). As mentioned in my introduction thread I will be squeezing a 4A-GE 16v twincam engine in. The build thread will unfortunately be agonizingly slow Sad  as i have to balance the build, work and studies. since this will be my first mini project will also be looking to you guys for help (Expect a lot of silly questions Huh ). next step will be completing the strip as well as rust removal. Will make sure to post lots of pictures and keep you guys updated as closely as possible. Thoroughly excited Big Grin
Keen to see how you progress Smile
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
The experienced guys on here love to help with questions (I also ask loads of silly questions Tongue ). So ask away and people will help where they can Smile
Slow and steady dude that's what counts. Well that at least what I keep telling myself. lol
@ Dominique tell me about it if I had the subframe that motor would be in already just for fun.... Had to buy the motor early it's a series 3 4AGE with big port head factory at 101kw at the fly and at a steal price too. Everything will need to wait for now have an exam on Saturday, after that the fun begins
Not sure if you know about Tommy.

He sells driveshafts and subframes for this conversion. And probably a few other bits and bobs that you would need
I do know him, he doesn't actually source the drive shafts he modifies them to fit. Will be getting a lot of my stuff from him like the floors and boot that need replacement
Sports Car Centre also does body panels FYI. Probably where I am going to get mine from
Will check them out maybe they can get the bonnet I NEED!!! https://flic.kr/p/HPsSz6
So it's been a while, finally done with exams, so the mini will be getting some attention soon...just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what rear diff (if any) will fit on the mini? and what extra parts i will need such as diff cradle and so on? heard that the cressida gearbox will fit on the 4AGE, and it's rather tempting having a RWD mini!!!