Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Mini made new
We fetched an old Mini yesterday, that we are going to start rebuilding from scratch. 
The Mini was standing for a very long time and was badly neglected, so it will be a lot of time and effort to get everything stripped, and fixed up, but I am planning to share the whole build over here, and encourage some help and advice or suggestions along the way.

I will try and upload a couple of photos to start of with.

[-] The following 1 user Likes henkjooste's post:
  • u09521
Your Austin Countryman actually looks really good from the pictures. Good luck with the restoration Smile
(08-19-2016, 01:03 PM)Vinay-RS Wrote: Your Austin Countryman actually looks really good from the pictures. Good luck with the restoration Smile

Thanks, I will keep posting pics as we go along.
very nice to see another smooth roof being saved, the pics with the dust on would made some great artwork. goodluck with the build
(08-19-2016, 02:39 PM)Sooper Wrote: very nice to see another smooth roof being saved, the pics with the dust on would made some great artwork. goodluck with the build

That dust is something else... It is everywhere.  We removed the whole interior today, and I feel like I was in a dust storm for a couple of hours.  The stripping will carry on tomorrow.
Looks to be a very good base! Glad to see the tail lights are in good condition as well.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
(08-19-2016, 07:01 PM)Jared Mk3 Wrote: Looks to be a very good base! Glad to see the tail lights are in good condition as well.

Luckily there is no rust on it, just loads of dust.  Most of the parts is in good condition.
On initial assessment we will do the following:
  • prep and respray the body
  • redo the whole suspension
  • redo the whole brake system and upgrade brakes from drums to 8.4" disks
  • completely redo the interior
  • rewire from scratch
Seems like a fun project all round!
Hi all
Will it be possible to replace the front doors with doors that have roll up windows in place of the sliding windows?
(08-20-2016, 07:18 AM)henkjooste Wrote: Hi all
Will it be possible to replace the front doors with doors that have roll up windows in place of the sliding windows?

If you can find a set of 'Aussie' doors, they'll work. They were fitted to Mk2 cars.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Roll up windows came from later cars.
And the value with these lies in originality considering they aren't as popular as the other types.
But it's your car and I'm glad to just see it getting some love.