The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 13129 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space - Line: 7037 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions.php 7037 file_put_contents
/inc/init.php 187 rebuild_settings
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mini's
latest update on the pickup.
Managed to flush out the top vents and pullout that bottom dash thingy and recover just the plain metal.

Also managed to make a custom center cap for my steering wheel.

Also cut out all the carpets, just need to do the sound deading first then stick them on,

[-] The following 2 users Like Grimz's post:
  • gweir, Thumz
That Steering wheel!!!
I managed to finally take out those horrid golf taillight from the mini.
I attempted to do some welding for the first time. After alot of sweat and welding rods later I managed to close of the
holes. 

These are the new estate lights that I got which will soon be fitted.

Also got the bonnet done.

Glad that you were able to get the lights removed and the holes filled. Just a point on the estate lights, aren't they different to the pick-up lights, since the estates had a sloped back, while the pick-up has a vertical back?
Either way, they'll look much better once fitted.
Thanks Vinay,

The original pickup lights are so hard to find. I managed to get these so grabbed them with both hands :-)
Looks like you're progressing nicely with this build now
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miniac's post:
  • Grimz
Looking good so far, I wanted to do the Mk3 rear bumper on the Pickup too, thought it would be different, but I see you beat me to it and whenever 1 becomes available, I am always too late.
Keep up the good work,, watching with anticipation.

On a side note, lemon juice, peroxide and salt under a flame on bare metal encourages ageing of the metal. Although here on the coast we just park outside for a day and get the same effect. Love the bare metal effect, just don't let it get to far ahead of you.
Thank You Richie,

I was lucky enough to have the bakkie come with these bumpers. I will keep an eye out for you though.
If I come across a set I will get it for you.

lol Ok cool will try that out.

I did treat the metal with anti-rust before spraying the clear over it cos at a later stage I do want to have the bakkie restored properly.
Did you fabricate that bonnet??? Looks super cool!
rich i actually had a bumper like that, i sold it to Jared who i think sold it to Kevin/ Mark in Cape Town, Mark is now in the U S, and the bumper is lying in Kevins garage, maybe they willing to let it go