Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Seans 1978 1100DL
You know you are Mini fan, when you turn down the work braai on a Friday afternoon, so that you can go wash, polish and clean the Mini for the Heritage run on the Saturday.
[-] The following 2 users Like Sean1380's post:
  • DomMINIque, Vinay-RS
(09-22-2016, 10:09 AM)Sean1380 Wrote: You know you are Mini fan, when you turn down the work braai on a Friday afternoon, so that you can go wash, polish and clean the Mini for the Heritage run on the Saturday.

I need to do the same tomorrow. Lots of shiny minis around then Smile
[Image: DSC_3447_zpsackdwsum.jpg]

So, the modern Momo steering wheel has been sold, and the money used to send in my old Moto-Lita for a full leather recovering.

[Image: DSC_3448_zpsuhugcg0v.jpg]

As you can see, it needed some work.
So over the VERY busy Xmas holidays i did manage to do a wee bit of work on the Mini.

The 38 year old steering rack just HAD to be replaced.

So, after my UK visitors, Mark Forster and co, had a spin in the Mini, it went up on jacks and axle stands and the awful job of rack replacement commenced.

It also looks like i found the source of the oil leak, the Mini Spares rod change leak kit, has started to leak :-)
These were the Mini Spares UK track rod ends after about 4 years of service - check the rubbers

[Image: DSC_3751_zpsyclrkegv.jpg]
[Image: DSC_3743_zpsvmv2qj2r.jpg]
And that is Mr Mk1 Performance Conversions beavering away on my Mini
Wow! Those rubbers were completely perished. I suppose it's a good idea to regularly inspect and if necessary replace such components. I believe tie/track rod ends aren't too expensive either... unlike rubber donuts Tongue
ohhhh yes - donuts are my next big expense.
a VERY nice present from the Forster clan from UK, a set of Mini Spares 1.5 ratio roller rockers

[Image: DSC_3711_zpsdx4sm0nm.jpg]