Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rare Bits for AUS spec cars
Question 
Other than MiniSport in Australia - is there anybody that can assist with a contact for somebody that brings in parts for Australian spec cars. Right now Im looking for window rubbers for a mk1 with Aus style doors.
My car also has Aussie doors on and I would also be interested to find new rubbers for the windows!
Daily:    2008 Honda FR-V 1.8i Manual
Classic: 1966 Austin Mini 1000 Mk1 
Classic: Porsche 718 Replica
Race:    VW CitiGolf 2.0 8v Race Car
For original parts only mini spares as you've mentioned.

I've heard rumours of guys modifying ones from the 1400 bakkie to work as well.
Are the windows rubbers for the Aussie doors different to the later windup doors with concealed hinges? It is better to use proper Mini ones as the other universal types have the channel for the window in the middle. The Mini ones have the channel offset. I bought new ones from SCC.
The Aussie ones have a quarter window in, so there is a normal window rubber and then a quarter window rubber which has a pressed shape to it. Very different to the concealed hinges door ones.
Daily:    2008 Honda FR-V 1.8i Manual
Classic: 1966 Austin Mini 1000 Mk1 
Classic: Porsche 718 Replica
Race:    VW CitiGolf 2.0 8v Race Car
The Aus prices (with the ROE) are hectic. Not their fault. Seems it may be the only way to go. About R3000 for a set of rubbers ex postage... YIKES!
Apparently Nissan 1400 ones can be made to work with a bit of imagination
DodgyFOR LITTLE OLD LADIES IT AIN'TTongue
1979 GTS
(09-28-2016, 11:32 AM)Miniac Wrote: Apparently Nissan 1400 ones can be made to work with a bit of imagination

Thanks Miniac. Will look into that...
Check out Pro Rubber in the East Rand, maybe something they have, can be used
I would also try Pro Auto rubber as Sean suggested. they have a wide range of rubbers and seals, and I'm sure they will have something you can use.