Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golf radiator conversion
Exclamation 
Hi guys...

So my mini has endless overheating issues.
I've had the original mini raditor serviced about 3 times in about 2 years. I've decided to do a golf radiator conversion.

Please could someone upload pics of the plumbing of pipes. Also I heard that the original mini expansion tank can be used. 

My problem is that i saw some guys putting the inlet and outlet pipes of the golf raditor on the right hand side (pipes face the alternator side) however then the golf radiator expansion tube will be at the bottom and not the top. Would this still work?

Any tips and guidance would be useful. 

Regards 
miniside
T piece in the top radiator hose will be needed IIRC
Krizz are you by any chance on facebook?
Thanks Sean and Dominique. I did Facebook you earlier Dominique ?thanks for the help
Ah ok sweet man.
Didn't realise it was you.
What radiator can I got in my bullnose mini ?

Please give any options
I cleaned mine out quite a few times but cooling is a problem with the standard radiator.

Sorry spelling error ..what radiator will fit in a bullnose mini
(06-14-2017, 09:35 PM)Kaloo mini Wrote: I cleaned mine out quite a few times but cooling is a problem with the standard radiator.

What else have you done to sort the cooling? Is the timing right? Replaced the water pump? Hoses? Fueling?
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
I'm not sure if my timing is right ...do you work on cars for others or can you recommend someone I'm in Johannesburg lenasia
Dez and Kollie are up in JHB. I don't have their contacts offhand unfortunately.
                                                                            Mk3 Full Build Thread
                                                                    [Image: XLqVNZw.jpg?1]
Kaloo Dez is probably the closest to you. Based in Alberton about 5 minutes away from Alberton City.